Antonio Conte has reportedly been studying Tottenham's recorded training sessions over the last week, according to Cristian Stellini, who also said that the head coach of Tottenham will provide his opinion on the starting lineup against Manchester City.
After being given a cholecystitis diagnosis, Conte underwent surgery to remove his gallbladder in Italy earlier this week.
According to reports, the Italian might return to the sidelines for either the away Champions League match against AC Milan on February 14 or the Premier League match against Leicester City on February 11. (Corriere Dello Sport).
According to the Daily Mail, there have been some rumors that the 53-year-old may be watching Tottenham's game against City from the stands (Evening Standard).
Despite being absent physically this week, Conte is nevertheless actively involved in the preparations for the match on Sunday, according to Stellini.
"We will [select the team] together," the Tottenham assistant head coach said to Football.London. "Antonio is not here to see the training and everything, so I will explain it to him and we will decide it together.
"No, I don't believe [he will require care]. When Antonio returns, he will carry on as usual. Right now, it's critical that he rest up so that he can return when he's fully prepared to do his work.
When asked if Conte had been observing the workouts, he responded, "Not during the workout, he may see the workout later. He may watch and analyze the training once it has been recorded thanks to our recording system.
Stellini said he hoped to motivate the players on Sunday by drawing on the unique bond he has forged with the Spurs group.
The 48-year-old said, "I am an assistant and I have a particular relationship with the players because I am an assistant," when asked what kind of coach he is. I can thus compel them to provide their utmost effort by using our unique bond.
"I can be this type of a coach for the upcoming week and game. Because I am in charge, I cannot alter. It's crucial that I remain the same even though I'll attempt to encourage the players to give their all.
Earlier this season, after Conte was suspended, Stellini took over as manager of Tottenham's Champions League match against Marseille. He acknowledged that Ryan Mason and Harry Kane were a big assistance to him in the lead-up to the game.
The Italian answered, when questioned about the match in Marseille, "It was a tremendous experience and we hope to live the same feeling. In that instant, I was not alone. Ryan Mason was standing next to me, and he is still here.
"I'm not alone because he's extremely essential to the club, to the team, to myself, and to the team. All of the personnel is present. After the game, Harry [Kane] mentioned how crucial the staff was and how certain players felt more duty to speak out for the squad.
Even if he can't make it to Sunday's game, I think Conte will have a video call with the players before the game. The absence of the 53-year-old Italian coach on the touchline would surely badly affect the squad because the players are used to his yelling instructions during the game.